Mno-Bmadsen is the non-gaming investment arm of the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians. This independently managed instrumentality owns subsidiary companies that operate within certain targeted industries in accordance with its Long-Term Investment Plan. The Mno-Bmadsen team has set in place established criteria for deploying capital that drive the investment thesis and will act as the cornerstone of the financial future of the Pokagon Band.
Mno-Bmadsen has three actively managed investment portfolios: Services (the Seven Generations Group), Manufacturing (the Mno-DREK Group), Commercial Real Estate (the Red Tail Group).
Preferred Investment Criteria
- We are not constrained geographically in terms of making our investments.
- Companies with track records of profitable operations that are verifiable according to generally accepted accounting industry standards.
- Reasonable multiples for asking prices that use a ‘normalized’ valuation approach.
- A management team already in place. Exceptions may include where the existing management team continues temporarily through a transition period and/or where new management can be readily installed.
- Preference given to control investments but will consider not-for-control investments but with a potential for control.
- For non-control investments, we require “piggyback” or registration rights in addition to bona fide exit strategies for incoming leadership, including put/call, buy/sell agreement or right to call for the sale of the entire company.
- Companies with proprietary products, technology, expertise, reputation or position in the marketplace that would benefit from the status of being minority-owned businesses.
- Start-ups or early-stage businesses unless there is a captive tribal gaming or government customer.
- Companies with high R&D expenditures, that are capital intensive or are heavily regulated.
- Gaming (except for suppliers).
- Development deals, such as, but not limited to, real-estate, movies, oil & gas, and minerals.
- Hi-tech, life sciences, bio-med or bio-tech.
- Syndications or investment structures/vehicles in which Mno-Bmadsen has a limited partner stake. (This does not include private equity funds or pooled capital funds/investments).
To learn more about Mno-Bmadsen or to discuss what opportunities might apply to your company, contact [email protected].