The Director of Operations is responsible for the financial management of the office, as well as providing overall direction for client service activities and providing leadership to staff. The Director of Operations will focus on financial performance, staff development, project management, operational efficiencies, and business growth in our targeted markets.
About Seven Generations Architecture and Engineering
Seven Generations Architecture & Engineering (7GAE) is a Native American owned firm specializing in architecture and engineering services for State, Federal and Tribal governments. Our philosophy is that each generation is responsible to ensure the survival of the seventh generation. This simple yet holistic concept is our approach toward every aspect of our work.
We bring new technologies into our endeavors while keeping the traditional ways of Native American Indian Cultures. Everything about our Core Values is aimed at being the Go-to-Firm for Tribes, Federal and State agencies for physical infrastructure and real estate development and preservation, while providing long term career opportunities for Native American Citizens.
- Typical functions of the Director of Operations job include, but are not limited to:
- Manages project managers and staff to ensure that production of design and contract drawings are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures standards for project quality and staff performance are maintained.
- Reviews, monitors and approves project work plans including milestones, workflow, staffing and project budgets.
- Processes all client invoicing and billing.
- Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to office.
- Monitors, reports, makes recommendations, and implements solutions on operating costs within functional areas.
- Ensures contract documents are produced according to quality standards and coordinates with QA on all issues related to project development.
- Assures adherence to budgets, monitoring all project earnings, collections and expenditures.
- Assists with the develpovement and implementation of a training and development plan for staff.
- Works with company leadership to achieve annual revenue and profitability goals.
- Monitors performance against business plan and recommends adjustments as necessary to realize goals.
- Develops metrics to measure market performance and enhance business planning.
- Assists Project Managers in the completion of projects within time and budget constraints.
- Ensures all contracts and proposals are prepared according to company standards. Consults with Director of Architecure and Director of Business Development as needed.
- Continusly evaluates client satisfaction and ensures continous improvement in the quality of service provided to clients.
Candidates for this position will be assessed based upon these attributes and qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited institution
- Registered Architect in Michigan, or able to obtain in 3 months
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an architectural practice and 5 years of experience in a leadership position.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a project manager
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCad and Revit Software
- Basic proficiency in business processes, including contractual and legal procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational abilities and technical skills
- Experience in all phases of the design process from project planning and concepts through working drawings and construction administration.
- Strong problem solving skills related to a wide variety of building projects, from renovation to new construction
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a cooperative and effective manner
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial and budget oversight; detail oriented.
- Strong service orientation
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel as needed
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- LEED credential prefered
- Experience in the Federal Marketplace prefered
- The Director of Operations position is a full-time, exempt position.
- The Director of Operations reports to the President of 7GAE.