This position is responsible for the delivery of a completed project, including schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration. The project manager must be able to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and successfully lead a design team with exceptional quality, and within schedule and budget. This position is fully responsible for project delivery, including responding to client needs, creating design solutions, coordinating design sub consultants, and authoring construction documents.
Seven Generations Architecture & Engineering (7GAE), seeks a motivated individual to take on the role of project manager within its diverse working environment. The Project Manager will be a member of the 7GAE team at its Kalamazoo, Michigan location. This is a full-time, exempt, position which reports to the Managing Director.
About Seven Generations Architecture and Engineering
Seven Generations Architecture & Engineering (7GAE) is a Native American owned firm specializing in architecture and engineering services for State, Federal and Tribal governments. Our philosophy is that each generation is responsible to ensure the survival of the seventh generation. This simple yet holistic concept is our approach toward every aspect of our work.
We bring new technologies into our endeavors while keeping the traditional ways of Native American Indian Cultures. Everything about our Core Values is aimed at being the Go-to-Firm for Tribes, Federal and State agencies for physical infrastructure and real estate development and preservation, while providing long term career opportunities for Native American Citizens.
Typical functions of the Project Manager job include, but are not limited to:
- Perform routine to moderately difficult architectural projects with minimal supervision
- Conduct programming charrettes
- Oversee the preparation of working drawings, calculations, specifications, schedules and cost estimates on specific projects
- Oversee the preparation of a coordinated set of construction documents, including managing sub consultants and coordinating their work
- Ensure that projects meet applicable building codes, ADA guidelines and other Federal and State and Local laws.
- Effectively communicate with Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Mentor/teach intern architects.
- Maintain all drawings, documents and communications in format that is retrievable and efficiently accessed by team members.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Director of Architecture, as necessary
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Managing Director.
Candidates for this position will be assessed based upon these attributes and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited institution
- Registered Architect in Michigan, or able to obtain in 3 months
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an architectural practice
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as project manager
- Experience in the Federal Marketplace
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCad and Revit Software
- Basic proficiency in business processes, including contractual and legal procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational abilities and technical skills
- Experience in all phases of the design process from project planning and concepts through working drawings and construction administration.
- Strong problem solving skills related to a wide variety of building projects, from renovation to new construction
- Strong design review skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a cooperative and effective manner
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Strong service orientation
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel as needed
- Satisfactory criminal background check
Market compensation and benefits will be offered to the selected candidate based upon the level of experience and demonstrated success in prior positions.
Submit your resume, and cover letter by email to: [email protected] and [email protected]