Seven Generations Architecture & Engineering (7GenAE), seeks a motivated individual to take on the role of project technician within its diverse working environment. The Project Technician will be a member of the 7GAE team at its Kalamazoo, Michigan location. This is a full-time, exempt position which reports to the Director of Architecture.
Submit your resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com.
Seven Generations Architecture & Engineering is a Native American owned firm specializing in planning, engineering, architectural, real estate, and environmental services for State, Federal, and Tribal governments. Our philosophy is that each generation is responsible to ensure the survival of the seventh generation. This simple yet holistic concept is our approach toward every aspect of our work.
We bring new technologies into our endeavors while keeping the traditional ways of Native American Indian cultures. Everything about our Core Values is aimed at being the Go-to-Firm for Tribes, Federal, and State agencies for physical infrastructure and real estate development and preservation, while providing long-term career opportunities for Native American Citizens.
This position is responsible for the production of architectural and engineering drawings, designing mechanical systems, leading virtual design coordination (MEP system coordination), and coordinating with other design professionals. The Project Technician is a core resource for 7GAE and must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Candidates for this position will be assessed based upon these attributes and qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree with an emphasis on design, architecture, or engineering field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an architectural or engineering practice or experience in virtual modeling with a mechanical or electrical contractor
- Revit proficiency modeling mechanical systems is required
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and prioritize responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Ability to complete independent assignments with minimal supervision and a high degree of accuracy.
Market compensation and benefits will be offered to the selected candidate based upon the level of experience and demonstrated success in prior positions.