We are looking for someone to join our Mold Maker Apprenticeship Program
Is this in your future?
A Mold Maker specializes in the building and repair of injection molds and components to be used in our manufacturing facility and our customer’s facilities.
- They are proficient in the use of manual and CNC machines used to perform precision milling, turning, grinding and electrical-discharge in the production of tight-tolerance components.
- They are skilled in a wide array of secondary operations in the shop, such as, laser & TIG welding, polishing & benching, and mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic troubleshooting.
- Mold Maker’s also use various software to aid them in their work, including, MasterCAM, Solidworks/ProE, as well as typical office applications, such as, Word and Excel.
- The ideal candidate would consistently demonstrate a high level of self-management using sound judgment and thoughtful analysis.
- Truly great Mold Makers also have a strong desire to share their knowledge and actively work to improve everyone’s performance through effective communication and mentoring.
The Apprenticeship is a paid 4 year program, registered with the Department of Labor, which includes 8000 hours of skilled training in-house with a journeyman Mold Maker as well as 38 credit hours of related instruction at an accredited college, paid for by Accu-Mold*.
- Mechanical aptitude and interest
- Highly motivated
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Interest in learning close tolerance work.
- Diploma or GED with strong skills in mathematics, especially, geometry.
- Stable work history and good attendance record.
- Self-managed, highly team player.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential job requirements for this position, including the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Desired but Not Required
- Experience in an injection molding facility.
- Machining or mechanical experience or training.
- Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical experience or training.
- Injection mold processing experience or training.
- CAD/CAM/CNC experience or training.
Wages and Benefits:
- Apprentice wages start at $12.00/hour and increase progressively to $22.00 at completion of the program. Please note, wages may change at management’s descression.
- We offer Major Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and Supplemental Insurance as well as Flex Spending and a company matching retirement plan to full time eligible employees.
* This post serves as a summary of the program and does not constitute an employment contract or full description of requirements and conditions associated with the Mold Maker Apprenticeship Program.