Mno-Bmadsen is Seeking 1 Person to Join its Board of Directors
The Pokagon Band Tribal Council established Mno-Bmadsen, an autonomous Tribally-Chartered entity of the Pokagon Band, whose purpose is to engage in economic development activities on behalf of the Pokagon Band. This entity has set aside a significant investment to be strategically invested for the tribe. Mno-Bmadsen is managed by seven (7) member Board of Directors and is currently seeking one (1) person for one (1) open position.
All Directors must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age; and
- Have a high school diploma, high school equivalency diploma, or general education development certificate; and
- Have either: (1) a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in private sector management, business administration, accounting, or law, or (2) (a) a minimum of (5) years of experience in private sector management, business administration, accounting, or law, and (b) a bachelor’s degree; and
- Have the ability to exercise sound judgement in matters related to the objectives of Mno-Bmadsen; and
- Have a knowledge or a willingness to acquire knowledge of Pokagon history and culture; and
- Not have been convicted within the last (10) years of a crime subject to imprisonment for a term of one (1) year or longer, excepting those crimes determined by the Tribal Council to relate to the furtherance of the Band’s tribal sovereignty rights; and
- Have demonstrated personal and professional integrity, honesty and adherence to high ethical standards; and
- Have a commitment to understand Mno-Bmadsen and all of its business activities and to participate fully in meetings of the Board of Directors.
Appointment Process and Length of Term
Vacancies on the Board shall be filled by nomination of the Board of Directors and appointment of Tribal Council.
The time commitment required to prepare for and attend Board meetings will vary, but it is anticipated that a minimum of 120 hours per year will be required for preparing for and attending meetings. The Board will meet at least once per month and more often, if needed.
This is not a full-time position and Board members will not be eligible for any Pokagon Band employee benefits. Directors shall receive a stipend at a rate established by resolution of the Tribal Council and reimbursement for actual and reasonable expenses incurred in the discharge of their duties.
How to Apply