Cashier Job Description
The Cashier obtains payments for goods while maintaining a high level of customer service.
The following inexhaustive list of duties represent a sample of work routinely performed by the Cashier:
- Provides customer service
- Itemizes and totals purchases
- Collects payments and/or verifies credit acceptance.
- Balances Cash Drawer
- Receives Merchandise
- Stocks shelves and cooler
- Controls Inventory and cash through proper transaction record keeping
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned
- Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Maintains Safe and Clean working environment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates for the position of Cashier must meet the following requirements, as demonstrated through past employment, education, testing, or a combination thereof:
- Some high school or equivalent with the ability to read and perform math.
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to interact with customers on a friendly basis and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work any area of the store when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register.
- Position requires bending, standing, walking and repetitive use of hands and arms the entire workday.
- Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Position requires the ability to handle exposure to extreme temperatures and cleaning chemicals.
The Cashier position is a non-exempt position.
The Cashier reports to the Store Manager or may report to a designee of the Store Manager.