Seven Generations Architecture and Engineering
Seven Generations Architecture & Engineering (7GAE) located in Kalamazoo, Michigan is a Native American owned firm specializing in architecture and engineering services for State, Federal and Tribal governments. Our philosophy is that each generation is responsible to ensure the survival of the seventh generation. This simple yet holistic concept is our approach toward every aspect of our work.
We bring new technologies into our endeavors while keeping the traditional ways of Native American Indian Cultures. Everything about our Core Values is aimed at being the Go-to-Firm for Tribes, Federal and State agencies for physical infrastructure and real estate development and preservation, while providing long term career opportunities for Native American Citizens.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Managing Director and is responsible for a professional office environment that efficiently and effectively executes all administrative, clerical, and project support functions for the Seven Generations staff. The Administrative Assistant also performs a range of general accounting and bookkeeping support.
The following inexhaustive list of duties represent a sample of work routinely performed by the Administrative Assistant:
- Assists and acts in support of the Managing Director with utmost efficiency and professionalism.
- Creates and modifies documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using Microsoft Word, Excel, other Microsoft programs, and QuickBooks or other programs.
- Drafts, proofreads and edits documents to ensure accuracy of information, excellent grammar and spelling.
- Creates and maintains the official records and filing system of Seven Generations, and coordinates the overall organization of the Seven Generations office environment.
- Performs reception and clerical functions, including handling telephone calls, bookkeeping, copying, faxing, mailing and filing, receiving and routing incoming correspondence, and signing for and distributing UPS, FedEx, or similarly delivered packages.
- Analyzes administrative practices, recordkeeping systems, and office layout to change office administrative protocol as necessary to maximize administrative proficiency and professionalism.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements and makes flight, hotel and rental car reservations in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains an inventory of necessary office supplies and expedites orders for supplies as necessary, making cost-competitive purchases of office supplies and equipment.
- Performs general accounts receivable functions, such as: prepares and submits customer invoices, prepares and coordinates deposit activities, and monitors customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment.
- Performs general accounts payable functions, such as: checks, verifies, and processes invoices, and maintains vendor files.
- Performs general payroll functions, such as: collects, confirms, and processes timesheets, and tracks employee paid time off.
- Performs other general support functions, such as: assists in month end reporting procedures, uses accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies, and assists with employee expense reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant must meet the following requirements, as demonstrated through past employment, education, testing, or a combination thereof:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in clerical accounting and administrative support.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge and application of office administration and professional organization of digital and paper files.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including telephone systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers, and facsimile machines.
- Actual typing speed of 40 words per minute or more, not to exceed a 10% error rate.
- Adept at proof-reading, wordsmithing, and competent usage of the English language.
- Possess methodical attention to detail with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of files and documents.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check at the time of hire and on an ongoing basis.
The Administrative Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Managing Director.
To apply, submit a current resume including professional experience, education and employers, and a brief cover letter which outlines major accomplishments and how you feel you are the best candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com